Although Infertility is mostly considered as a physical issue of women, some recent studies found mix of mind and body connection to this, precisely how your mental state can affect your fertility. It is proven that stress causes issues with regularity of menstrual cycle for women and brings down sperm count in men; eventually it reduces the probability of a pregnancy. Imbalance of hormones in both men and women plays a significant role here.
As a psychoanalyst here are some suggestions on handling stress in life:
1. Relax your body and mind for at least 5 minutes in between your work. Try to take 5 minutes of break after every 1 hour of work. This is greatly refreshing for your mind and body.
2. Try to quit smoking, especially women should give extra attention on quitting smoking as smokers have less chance of getting pregnant than non-smokers. Smoking might give you a quick relief from your stress but it causes numerous harm to your body.
3. Try to stay active as much as you can. Walking, swimming, yoga, or any other moderate exercise will help you to cope up with stress because these activities stimulate the release of feel good hormone endorphin that reduces stress and eventually boosts your sex drive.
4. Constant attention and anxiety on procreation can cause extra stress. It destroys the fun and joy of sexual interactions. Take it easy, getting pregnant is a very natural phenomenon.
5. Try to do something enjoyable that serotonin (a mood enhancing brain chemical). There are some foods that can increase serotonin level like egg, cheese, pineapples, tofu, nuts, salmon. Etc. Foods having high protein, iron, and riboflavin and vitamin B6 contain large amount of amigo acid and With these foods one have to take carbohydrate also because carbohydrate causes more insulin secretion that absorbs amigo acid and leaves tryptophan in the blood. Serotonin is synthesized from tryptophan.
6. Research shows that there is a clear relationship between sunlight and serotonin levels. Try to be outside regularly for adequate amount of time to boost serotonin level.
7. It is always better to get counseling, where psychologist can help youth understand the root cause of your stress and give appropriate guidance. Counseling is very helpful especially for women who feel isolated as a result of infertility. One can say about her feelings, sadness and frustration before psychologist that helps her to get rid of stress.
So here you got few tips how to handle stress so that it doesn’t put any negative effects on your sex-life and fertility. For further consultation you can visit our clinic Mon Ke Niye.
In addition to the tips above, Dr. Ad Mahapatra will offer more special tips that will give you amazing benefits in life. Stay tuned, stay healthy.